Monday, June 15, 2009

Here, There, and Everywhere

Adam and Theresa (soon to be) Warren
Ashley, Theresa, and my belly

The baby registry at Babies R Us
Baby Brown Nielsen

Well, it has definately been a busy couple of weeks. I have been meaning to update the blog, but you know how that goes sometimes! The picture above is of my favorite new little man, Brown. I was lucky enough to be able to be at the hospital in Williamson County when my sister-in-law, Sarah, gave birth to this precious boy! He weighed in at a healthy 8 lbs and 12 ounces! We enjoyed hanging out with Chris, Sarah, Andy, and Carrie Brown as we feasted on Bonefish Grill last Saturday night! What a great memory! On Mondy, Chris and Sarah had to take Brown to Vanderbilt to get a heart murmur checked out. It turns out that Brown has 3 out of 4 of the symptoms of a congenital heart defect called Tetrology of Fallot. He is going to have to recieve heart surgery hopefully at 6 months of age. I know they appreciate anyone and everyone praying on their and Brown's behalf. God is good, and he will take care of our precious nephew.
On a lighter note, the other picture is of the webpage for our Babies R Us registry. I had to put it up because I think it is hilarious that there are two other Emily Nielsens registered in the US. One of them is married to Chris Nielsen (Brad's brother), and the other is married to John Davidson (One of Brad's very best friends!) What are the odds! Jon is the one that found it which makes it even funnier that he was actually looking at our baby registry! I had to tease him a little about that one!
Changing topics again, this past Saturday, I hosted a golf scramble fundraiser for the Clarksburg golf team (of which I was the coach the past two years). The day went so great, and we were able to raise $1,150 dollars for the golf team to use next year! I had so much help, and it really turned out to be an awesome day! Saturday night and Sunday, we attended wedding showers for our wonderful cousin Adam and his beautiful bride Theresa! We love them so much and are thrilled about their upcoming marriage!
Finally, I went to the OB this morning, and I am happy to report that Ben's heartrate sounds great; my blood pressure/sugar/protein and all that other fun stuff are normal. The only thing is that I am 33 weeks pregnant, but I am measuring 37 weeks!!! Yikes! Either he is lying in a funny position, or Brad and I have a whopper on our hands! Since I weighed 9 lbs 12 oz and Brad weighed 9 lbs 15 oz, I am thinking he may be a little large! The doctor wants to do an ultrasound at my next visit, so please keep Ben in your prayers too that all is well with him!
The summer is going by so fast, and Ben will be here before I know it! I am looking forward to my showers in the next few weeks; I'll definately post pictures later!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment