Monday, June 1, 2009

Summer is Finally Here!

My baby shower at Clarksburg
Terrill and me at the beach

Our condo in Destin
Alright, so I know I have been a little lax in blogging the past couple of weeks, but I will definitely do better now that I am at home! The end of the school year came quickly, and it went smoothly, which was very nice! My wonderful friends at school (mainly MKat) held a precious baby shower for Brad and me, and we were just overwhelmed with all of the beautiful and useful baby items we received. I am starting to wonder how in the world we are ever going to fit more baby stuff into our house! I'm sure we will find a way.
Since the previous post, Brad has finished his training in Murfreesboro, and he is working with a State Farm agent here in Jackson. I think he is really enjoying it and learning a lot! We still can't wait to find out where in the world we are headed for his agency, but we know God has somewhere great planned for us. The annual Moores golf trip was last weekend, so Brad had an awesome time playing way too much golf with a great group of guys from Martin and elsewhere. While he played all this golf, I was fortunate enough to enjoy an entire relaxing week at the beach in Destin with Brad's parents, brother, and brother's girlfriend. Our condo was awesome; it was definitely nicer than anything I have stayed at the beach in. The elevator opened into our actual condo (of course, this required a pass key). Marie, Terrill, and I looked like a bunch of cavemen coming into the 21st century when the elevator door opened for the first time. We thought we were somewhere we were not supposed to be! We kept yelling, "hello," to make sure this was not someone else's place...very funny! Although it was supposed to monsoon all week long, and the weatherman said a tropical depression was in place for Destin, the rain cleared off on Sunday morning, and we didn't see any the rest of the week. I, of course, got too much sun the first day we were on the beach, so I had to sit with my upper body under the umbrella the rest of the week. Oh well!

Finally, I went to the doctor this morning, and he said that Ben is growing just like he is supposed to be! So am I! He also said that his head is down, which is very nice to hear considering he was breach at his 22 week ultrasound. I just enjoyed a healthy lunch at home, and Millie is about to get a bath after swimming in Peyton and Shelley's pond yesterday evening; I had no clue she loved water so much! Overall, the summer is off to a fantastic beginning, and I am looking forward to having Brad at home for a couple of months!

No comments:

Post a Comment