Monday, June 29, 2009

Shower, Contract, Ultrasound, and Anniversary!

June 30, 2007
Baby shower at Josh and Cristen's beautiful house

Love my cake!


Ben at 35 weeks; his profile is to the left and his hand is in his face.
Brad and I are very excited to be celebrating two years of marital bliss tomorrow. It is so crazy how it seems like I have known and been married to Brad forever, but then again, it seems like only yesterday we met at Ashley and Ryan's Halloween party. (Thanks again, Ash). Since Brad is in Murfreesboro for his final week of State Farm agent training, I am going to join him tomorrow for the rest of the week; It should be a lot of fun! I am ready to meet these "fraternity brothers" (as I call them) friends of Brad's. Before I head to Mboro, I am planning on stopping by Spring Hill for a visit with sweet Brown and Eva Grace!
Great news but a little bitter-sweet too; we got a contract on our house on Saturday! This is really a blessing because we definately don't want to be making two house payments if Brad gets the call to go to where his new agency will be. So...I guess around the middle of August, we will be moving to my grandmothers house in East Nashville (she doesn't live there anymore). I am nervous but very excited for what the future holds. I can hardly think of the good friends I have made here in Jackson without getting sad, but I know they will stay in my life forever.
Speaking of my good friends, I was given another lovely baby shower on Saturday at one of my best friends Cristen's house. She planned everything perfectly, as she always does! She also made me the most precious handmade burp cloths ever! I had 9 hostesses for the day, and I appreciated all of their hard work; it was a great day!

Finally, I went for my big ultrasound appointment today, and I am glad to report that everything seems to be right on schedule! I got to see Ben's 10 little fingers and 10 little toes, his wonderful heart, and his sweet, sweet face (which looks just like Brad). I just can't wait to meet our little man. The doctor had originally thought he was huge, but he is around 6 and 1/2 lbs., which is in the 65th percentile for weight at this week of development (a little larger than average). Although several of my friends are taking the under on whether I'll deliver early or late, I still think he will stay in their for the entire time (or at least I hope since I bought a dress for Adam and Theresa's wedding today). It is definatly going to be a hectic rest of the summer and fall with new baby, moving, and resettling for a little while in Nashville. I'm just going to keep praying that God sends us where he wants us to be!




1 comment:

  1. I just remember when you showed up dressed as Where's Waldo and said you went to the wrong house before you got to ours! Then Brad had that dumb golf costume on and either Adam or Andy, I don't remember which one, told him to lose the hat if he ever wanted to see you again! :) I'll be home July 9th, so feel free to have him any time after that!!

    ReplyDelete