Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Lights Out!

This is what my house looked like for much of yesterday afternoon...dark! Although I am very thankful no one I know was injured by the storms, they came through pretty hard, so I did a lot of painting and drawing with no lights! I must say, it was pretty nice to have limited tasks I could get accomplished with no electricity; Ben slept through the whole storm, so I just hung out in the dark by myself!
Finally, the lights came back on just in time for me to cook dinner; I have been wanting grilled food so bad, and I had already put the meat out to thaw, so I decided to go ahead and grill..indoors! Thanks to our little Cuisinart Griddler, (LOVE this thing!) I was able to surprise Brad with yummy, summertime chicken shish kabobs. I was thumbing through my new Southern Living Sunday while meal planning, and I just thought these sounded healthy and great, so I changed up the recipe just a bit, and they really hit the spot! The recipe is called Rosemary Chicken Kabobs, but we don't really care for rosemary, so I switched it out for Mrs. Dash's lemon pepper seasoning, and I took the salt out of the recipe too since I used Mrs. Dash. Give them a try or change them up to how your family likes them; the red wine vinegar helped make a great marinade.
Tonight, Lord willing, we are off the a Predators' game, tomorrow night is church (so we always eat afterward with friends), Thursday night, we are eating at the Boundary in Nashville for Brad's work (amazing), so Friday night is the next night I will hopefully cook again! This was an easy week for grocery shopping:) My parents are coming down Friday, so I thought I would make something big and extra yummy, so I am going to make one of Ben's favorites, Chicken and Spinach Lasagna. This, of course, is another Southern Living recipe. I use a lot of recipes from Cooking Light and other healthier places, but I have found that I hardly ever go wrong using a Southern Living recipe.
Hope you make some great meals this week and spend a lot of quality time with the ones you love! God has given us an absolutely beautiful day outside, so I am truly thankful today.

1 comment:

  1. Yummy! Those look great! Looking forward to the game tonight! It will be lots of fun!!! :)

    ReplyDelete