Monday, April 11, 2011

The Organization Bug


Today started off like any other day. I woke up, opened the blinds, started the coffee, potted two arborvitae bushes, (what? like that's not a normal morning activity?) made Ben's breakfast, started a load of towels, but as I walked to the back of the house to collect the rest of the laundry, my eyes beheld the mess that is (Brad's) the back bedroom. Then it bit me...the organization bug. You know that feeling that comes over you once in a blue moon that makes you want to show every piece of junk in your house who is boss and put it in its place; yeah, that feeling. I figured my best tactic would be to wait patiently until Ben went down for his morning nap; ( I can't believe he still takes one; lucky me!) I played and worked puzzles with him, so the junk wouldn't suspect that I was onto it. After about an hour, Ben finally got that sleepy look in his eyes; it was go time...I attacked the back bedroom closet with an indescribable fury! Stack, fold, hang, toss, repeat; I was an organizational hurricane leaving nothing but clean and straight in my path. The closet, while proving itself to be a formidable foe, was no match for the organization bug.
Once the first battle was over, I realized I simply couldn't stop there; there were other areas of the house losing ground to clutter, and I couldn't just sit back and watch, so I continued in my quest for cleanliness. Here are just a few of my conquests:

The Fridge: Dominated
The Spice Cabinet: OwnedHad to stop for nourishment; made this bbq chicken pizza: dominated it too.


The Pantry: Is that all you've got, house?
Clutter: 0, Me: 1. Hopefully the next time you get bit this Spring or Summer, it is by the organization bug. :)

1 comment:

  1. Alright, come on down since you still have that bug and take over my house. It told me it wants the challenge. ha!
    I will have to say since pregnancy I get that "bug" more often.

    ReplyDelete