Sunday, April 3, 2011

Home again!















Yep. This is it! Mule Day 2011 at its finest! What a perfect day we were able to spend outside with friends and family! If you aren't from around Columbia and you weren't able to make it this year, you missed a great one, and you should definitely check it out next year! Mule Day is one of those great American festivals that sounds completely red-neck (and let's admit it, it kind of is), but it brings back so many happy memories of watching the animals and floats go by with my grandfather Pap to walking around trying to spot cute boys with my girlfriends:) Now, I think Ben will love it as much as I do, and he fit the part perfectly in his little cowboy boots! We arrived at the parade around 10, it doesn't start until 11, so Ben had a blast walking up and down the street looking at all the people and flirting with pretty little girls (too cute!) In addition to all the fun, Uncle Brent was able to be here for the weekend, so he and Ben spent some quality bonding time as shown. This is the two of them reading a Christmas book on the ipad. Ben has a slight obsession with fireplaces, (strange I know) so Brent had a hard time turning the page from the fireplace with the moving fire. We hated to say goodbye to Uncle Brent this morning as he headed back to D.C., but Mule Day weekend in Columbia was definitely a success!
Today, we attended church at Graymere church (which was great as always). I love seeing and talking with the adults I grew up admiring now that I am a mother. It is fun sharing Ben with them for a little while. Tonight, however, it was great to be back home in the burg. We headed to Pizza Hut for a little post-church pig out with our friends and their twins (boy and girl, melt my heart). This busy week, we are heading to a Preds game with friends, eating at Stoney River for Brad's work, (yum.) packing for our big cruise, and, meanwhile, I am trying to finish up some last-minute painting projects. I'll leave you with a great picture from home tonight. This is Brad quizzing Ben on his ABC's while Ben is "pooping" (he really just likes to sit and be read to) on the potty. Every time Ben said a letter, he got a high five. I love these two boys, and might I add how blessed I am to have such an amazing, godly husband and father. Life is good today.

2 comments:

  1. I told your mom last night at church that I did not pay attention at all in church Sunday because your lil one is soo precious!! Love the blog too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kari:) I try to keep him sitting as much as possible, but you know that age; he is always trying to make someone laugh!

    ReplyDelete