Thursday, March 31, 2011

One before the weekend.

This is what Brad wishes our dining room table did not look like...but it usually does! Today was a very productive day; it could have been because Ben and I did not leave the house all day long! These cold, rainy days have actually been perfect days for playing inside and painting! Ben "helped" me paint for a little while. He now loves to climb up into our tall pub-style chairs, grab a paintbrush, dip it in water, and "paint" all over the newspaper. This is all fine until he pours the entire cup of water all over the floor/table...fun stuff! He is definitely getting closer to 2 every single day:) He has gotten to where he now says "no, no" if he does something he knows he shouldn't do; it is a mixture of a whole lot of cute and a whole lot of trouble. I will miss my baby being a baby, but time marches on!
Ben's Gram, Papa, and Amma stopped in for a short visit today which was awesome because I was able to finish 6 paintings on which I was working! He worked his puzzles with them for a while and had a nice little surprise visit!
Tomorrow, we are headed to Columbia for the Mule Day festivities; Ben's uncle Brent will be coming to visit. Brent is a hunter and lives in Washington, D.C.; he has some sort of horned animal skull hanging in his house that Ben just has to see every time we are on Skype. "Bull" is one of Ben's favorite words, and he calls all cows/horned creatures bulls. So, Ben now calls Brent uncle Bull. We'll see if it sticks (it's kind of cute). I'll be sure to post some pics from M.D. early next week!
I'll leave you with a picture of a patterned monogram painting I did for my cousin; I think it turned out pretty! Also couponers, tomorrow from 3-8, go pick up your free bag of sun chips from your local store...if you feel like making a special trip for a bag of chips (I probably won't). Have a safe and blessed weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment