Thursday, March 17, 2011

Getting my Hands Dirty...


Well, judging by the multi-colored fingernails I have this morning, it is easy to see I have been hard at work on this group of paintings for friends! I always love to have seasonal paintings in the house on a table easel or hanging on the door welcoming friends. I have one for Fall, Christmas, Birthdays, and now Easter! After posting a picture of the one I made for our door, I received several requests for personalized paintings for other families! Seeing as I absolutely love to paint, I said "Yes!" and have been working away ever since. I was able to deliver a couple of them last night, and the recipients seemed pleased, so I was excited!
The painting to the left is one of my personal favorites; I have never really painted tulips, so when I got this request, I was a little nervous, but I am pretty proud of the way they turned out. I love the gold color of the ribbon and the way it complements the painting without taking away from it. This one is going in one of my friend's kitchen. As many of you know, I have always loved to be crafty, but since mommy-hood, I have not taken the time to let the house get a little dirty, so I can be creative. I am dreaming of the day (and hopefully Brad agrees) that I can have my own studio room; that would be awesome!
Another type of art I love to do is painting for kids' rooms! I have done so many of these, and I don't have pictures of all of them, but here are a couple of pictures of one I did for my girlfriend Jennifer's little boy Brandt and one I did for my Ben's room. Although I can do any design given to me, I particularly love to base the artwork off of whatever bedding/fabrics the mother has chosen for the nursery. These two are pretty similar in design (geometric) because I like the simplicity of them and letting the name be the focal point. Personalized paintings are a great gift for showers/birthdays for little boys and girls, etc. For my next child, (Lord willing) I plan on making a painting with with a big bow and spaces to fill in birth date and weight for the hospital room door. I had a personalized wreath on the door when Ben was born and everybody raved about it (thanks to the mother-in-law).
The picture to the left is not a very good one, but it shoes the "Happy Birthday" painting I did for my family. We put it out a couple of days before each person's birthday. We could design one especially for your little one's themed party or just a general one for your family.
Basically, I am ready and willing to paint whatever it is you need. There are really endless ideas, so get thinking about birthdays, babies, Mothers' Day gifts (I've got some cute ideas for this one), wedding gifts (See example stepping stone to the left), or anything else, and please let me know if I can help create a special gift for you are someone you love! Just message me on facebook or leave a comment on the blog or email me at emawiles@yahoo.com and we'll discuss ideas/pricing (reasonable, I promise). Thanks all!

3 comments:

  1. Love these! Talented as always! Sending you a message now about ordering one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A mutual friend sent me your blogspot because I loved her Easter plaque...I would love to order one, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them all! You are one talented lady! :)

    ReplyDelete