Sunday, March 27, 2011

Better late...


Happy Sunday everyone! I am up early this morning with no baby to care for (he is at mom and dad's),so I thought I would fit in a little blog about our Friday and weekend! I previously wrote that Friday would be a day of painting, and it was! Ben is SO unbelievably good while I paint that I can usually get quite a bit accomplished! He loves to "do laundry." If I leave a load accidentally (as we all do I'm sure) in the dryer, he will spend an hour moving the laundry from the dryer to the washer and back to the dryer; thank you, front-loading machines! He makes me laugh because I will hear him bump his little head on the dryer or washer door; he immediately comes to the laundry room door with his hand on his head saying "Oh." I ask him, "Did you hit your head?" He replies, "Uh-huh." I say, "Are you o.k.?" He says, "Uh-huh" and goes right back to playing. He just wants me to feel his pain I guess! Another great and random activity that keeps him busy for a while is playing with dried beans. He is a little too young to fully comprehend keeping them all in the container, but he does a fairly good job! Try it with yours if you dare!
Thursday, we had roast with carrots, potatoes, and onions with roasted broccoli for dinner. I make this about once a month like many mothers do. It is the easiest recipe because all you do it peel and chop and throw it all in the crock pot in the morning, and the house proceeds to smell amazing all day long! Brad said, for some reason, that this one was his favorite yet, and to "do whatever you did on this one next time." Husbands are brutally honest. Not that I am a great cook, but I did want to share that simple "recipe" and the recipe for the broccoli, I stole off of another girl's blog, so I am including that. It is my FAVORITE broccoli dish, and I love broccoli!Crock pot Roast
1. Buy or thaw your roast (I always buy them on clearance or sale at Kroger and freeze them)
2. Peel a bag of carrots (I prefer the long ones not baby) and 2-3 large potatoes; chop
3. Chop onion in large chunks
4. Place onions and potatoes in bottom of crock pot and season with a little salt and pepper.
5. Place roast on top and add carrots around; sprinkle with a little more salt and pepper.
6. Pour 1 cup of water (I add a beef bullion cube to boiling water for more flavor) over the top
7. Add seasoning to your meat (I use Montreal steak seasoning and a little garlic powder).
8. Set crock-pot on 8 hours low, eat, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment